In April 2016 we led a workshops for emerging artists and creative practitioners aged 18 - 30. Participants were looking for support in fully realising their ideas and to develop their passion into a viable career.
The day-long session at mac Birmingham helped develop creative resilience and equip participants with the skills and knowledge to develop, deliver and communicate their projects.
This day of active learning includes presentations and advice from established arts professionals, discussions, workshops and a toolkit of resources to take away.
The session covered:
- Project management: Developing ideas into deliverable projects;
- Marketing: Defining brand, objectives and marketing activity;
- Business: Advice on setting up as a freelance practitioner;
- Sustainability: An introduction to the opportunities and funding that is available;
- Staying inspired; building your network and where to focus.
The session was led by Co-Director Matt Andrews, a cultural project manager with nearly a decade’s experience of working in the arts. Matt has worked with some of the most exciting and well known organisations in the West Midlands and his experience covers exhibitions, events management, fundraising, marketing and learning.